(1) Contacted the DUI program and arranged to attend an activity at an alternate time, or
(2) Been granted an approved leave of absence, pursuant to Section 9876.5.
(b) The DUI program shall document all absences in the participant’s record.
(c) The DUI program shall require each participant to make up all absences before issuing the participant a Notice of Completion Certificate (Department of Motor Vehicles Form DL 101).
(d) The DUI program may allow a participant to be absent from scheduled activities as specified below:
(1) A participant required by the court pursuant to Vehicle Code Sections 23103.5(e) or 23140 to attend the educational component of a licensed program shall not be allowed more than two absences per period of enrollment. For purposes of this regulation, “period of enrollment” means the period from initial enrollment to completion or termination. A transfer from one DUI program to another, with no break in enrollment, counts as one period of enrollment;
(2) A participant of a first offender program shall not be allowed more than five total absences per period of enrollment;
(3) A first offender, who has been ordered by the court to participate in a DUI program for six months or longer, shall not be allowed more than seven absences per period of enrollment;
(4) A participant of an 18-month DUI program shall not be allowed more than ten total absences per period of enrollment; and
(5) A participant of a 30-month DUI program shall not be allowed more than fifteen total absences per period of enrollment.