All California certifying agencies require new SUD Counselor Registrants to complete 9-hours of continuing education on the combined topics of ethics, confidentiality, and boundaries, and submit proof of completion with the initial registration application. This course fulfills the 9-hour requirement.
This training course explores the obligations of an addiction counselor to adhere to accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct and continuing professional development.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand California Substance Use Disorder Counselor Certification and the Registered Counselor’s responsibilities.
- Know the essential foundation for ethical behavior in counseling.
- Explore your responsibility to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to execute the counselor functions.
- How attitude plays a vital role in achieving competency.
- Understand the steps your certifying agency and DHCS will take when an allegation of unethical behavior is received.