Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
You will earn 1.5 CEUs for the successful completion of this course.
This course offers a comprehensive introduction to Motivational Interviewing (MI), a transformative counseling approach designed to facilitate change by empowering clients. MI is grounded in the concept of partnership; it positions the counselor as a supportive ally in the client’s journey of change, rather than as an authority figure. This method is particularly effective in addressing resistance, as it places the client at the center of the process, acknowledging their expertise in their own lives.
- Describe key skill sets that reflect the Motivational Interviewing (M1) approach to client care.
- Distinguish the demographics of clients, one size does not fit all.
- Incorporate the spirit of MI into all aspects of the treatment experience.
- Feel confident when treating the client as the expert in their life.
- Avoid a confrontational approach.