Motivational Interviewing: Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Motivational Interviewing Introduction provides an introduction to the set of counseling techniques called Motivational Interviewing (MI). Motivational interviewing is a technique in which you become a helper in the change process and express acceptance of your client. Motivational Interviewing can guide the resistant client through the change process as it is client-centered, treats the client as the expert in their life, and empowers the client to develop the right skills for self-evaluation and change goals.
- Describe key skill sets that reflect the Motivational Interviewing (M1) approach to client care.
- Distinguish the demographics of clients, one size does not fit all.
- Incorporate the spirit of MI into all aspects of the treatment experience.
- Feel confident when treating the client as the expert in their life.
- Avoid a confrontational approach.
Earn 1.5 CEUs
This course is online.
Take this course anytime after enrollment.